Install CM 10.1.2 on Galaxy S3 – Stable Custom ROM
Team CyanogenMod has recently launched
their latest CM 10.1.2 stable ROM. If you are a CM fan, follow this
step by step tutorial to learn the steps to update your Verizon Galaxy
S3 to the new build of CM 10.1. Please do not forget to check the
prerequisites too – saves you from several hassles later.
Note: this detailed guide has been specifically tailored to the Samsung Galaxy S3 model i535. Please do not attempt it on any other model or device.
Prerequisites to install CM 10.1.2 on Galaxy S3 Verizon:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S3 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery or TWRP is installed.
- Ensure that your SGS3 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update CM 10.1.2 for Galaxy S3: