Update Sprint Galaxy S4 L720 to L720VPUAMF9 Android 4.2.2 OTA – Official Firmware
Sprint has rolled out an Android 4.2.2 update for its version of the Galaxy S4 smartphone; L720VPUAMF9 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. The update includes various feature enhancements and security fixes for Sprint Galaxy S4 L720.
The update includes ‘Multi-View’ feature alongside bug fixes and
performance upgrades for ‘Gallery’ and ‘Camera’ apps, along side certain
security fixes including a ‘home screen security fix’ and group SMS
fix. While this update is official, and
you should be able to receive an update notification for it on your
device or KIES. But if for some reason, you would like not to wait and get it on your phone right now, here is a guide to update Sprint Galaxy S4 L720 to L720VPUAMF9 Android 4.2.2 OTA Official Firmware.
Disclaimer:This guide includes instructions to flash the official firmware on your Galaxy S4 I9300 SCH-L720. During the process, you might lose all your existing installed
apps and personal settings. It is therefore necessary for you to follow
the guide carefully. Also, please, do mind that this tutorial is only
for Galaxy S4 SCH-L720. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device.
Android 4.2.2 VPUAMF9 Firmware Details:
Date: July, 2013
- Android 4.2.2 L720VPUAMF9 for Sprint Galaxy S4 L720 [File: bfeb51f4befc9f910dff1c6070f2d387aaac37de.update_SPH-L720_MDL_CSB_user_RP_to_MF9_CSB_user_RP.zip]
Update Sprint Galaxy S4 L720 to L720VPUAMF9 Android 4.2.2 OTA Official Firmware
- Connect your Sprint Galaxy S4 L720 with the PC, via USB cable.
- Download the afore mentioned L720VPUAMF9 Android 4.2.2 OTA Official Firmware file and copy it to the SD card of your phone.
- Disconnect your phone and switch it off. And make sure that you wait 5-6 seconds to complete the power down cycle.
- Now, you will boot the Sprint Galaxy S4 L720 into recovery mode, by
pressing and holding down the Volume Up button, alongside Home and the
Power button, until the screen flashes, release the three buttons then.
After a few seconds of that, the phone will enter recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery mode, select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the bfeb51f4befc9f910dff1c6070f2d387aaac37de.update_SPH-L720_MDL_CSB_user_RP_to_MF9_CSB_user_RP.zip
file that you copied earlier in Step 2 and select it by pressing Power
button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. Install the said zip file
on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once, the phone finishes installing the ROM, go back to the main
recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone and boot
up into L720VPUAMF9 Android 4.2.2 OTA Official Firmware. The first boot
will take time, so be patient!
You are now running latest L720VPUAMF9 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM
on Sprint Galaxy S4 L720. If you are facing any issues, feel free to
mention it in our comments section.