Restore Google Nexus 7 2013 to Stock Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
This tutorial is for those
users who are running a custom ROM on their Google Nexus 7 2013 edition
tablets, or those who have managed to brick their device while
attempting to flash any custom ROMs
, kernels, etc. We will be using the factory image for the 2013 Nexus 7 device released by Qualcomm along with all the drivers to flash a stock Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
firmware to restore the Google Nexus device.
Note: this tutorial is only for the Google Nexus 7 2013 edition with WiFi – code name “Razor”.
Prerequisites to restore Google Nexus 7 2013 to stock Android 4.3 Jelly Bean:
- Download and install USB drivers for Nexus 7 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu.
- Backup any important data before going forward.
- Make sure to disable any running anti-virus programs on your computer before starting the unbricking process.
- Download and install the latest Android SDK on your computer to get latest ADB and fastboot versions.
- Ensure that your Google Nexus 7 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to unlock bootloader on Nexus 7 2013:
If your Nexus 7 2013 has a locked bootloader, then you would first be needed to unlock it. This procedure will wipe everything from your device!
Note: if your Nexus 7 2013 is running on unlocked bootloader, then you can skip this part.