Update Google Nexus 7 2013 to ParanoidAndroid Custom ROM
ParanoidAndroid is one of the most popular custom firmware favored by Androiders from a long time now. The custom firmware
is available for a plethora of smart phones and tablets based on
Android OS. This customizable Android based custom ROM is now also
available to be flashed on the Google Nexus 7 2013
tablet. Follow this step by step tutorial to update your Nexus 7 2013 to this amazing Android Open Source Project (AOSP) based custom ROM.
Prerequisites to check before you update Google Nexus 7 2013 to ParanoidAndroid custom ROM:
- Download and install USB drivers for Google Nexus 7 on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu.
- Your Nexus 7 2013 should be unlocked and rooted.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your Nexus 7.
- Backup any important data before going forward.
- Ensure that your Google Nexus 7 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Google Nexus 7 2013 to ParanoidAndroid custom ROM:
Required files: download the ParanoidAndroid custom ROM firmware file from here. Also download the Google Apps Package for Nexus 7 2013 from here. Save both the files on your computer and do not extract the contents.
- Connect your new Nexus 7 2013 with computer using a USB cable and copy the firmware and GApps files on your device’ SD card.
- Disconnect your Google Nexus tablet from computer when the copy is done.
- Turn off the Google Nexus 7 2013 completely and reboot it into recovery mode.
- Perform Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup and Restore > Backup
- Now perform data wiping tasks: select wipe data / factory reset, wipe cache partition, and finally wipe dalvik cache.
- Return to the main recovery menu and select Install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the downloaded ParanoidAndroid Android 4.3 based custom firmware file for Google Nexus 7 and confirm the installation.
- Once the custom ROM is successfully installed on Google Nexus, repeat the above step but select GApps file this time.
- When done, reboot your Nexus to boot into the newly installed ParanoidAndroid custom ROM.
Awesome! Your Google Nexus 7 2013 has now been flashed with the latest ParanoidAndroid ROM!
This article originally appeared on WCCFTech (Link)