How to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 to Glance S4 Android 4.2.2 Custom ROM
Feeling like updating your S3 to the very latest and sought-after Samsung Galaxy S4?
Now why would you do it? Well, of course for those new features and
capabilities that have been put together in the new Galaxy. Here is a
little budget saving solution for this situation: if you are only
looking for the software side of the smartphone, we can get you all the
features, capabilities and UI from Samsung Galaxy S4 right into your Galaxy S3!
Sounds good, right? The awesome XDA devs have just released Glance S4
custom ROM giving you all the features and UI right out of Galaxy S4.
The update procedure is typical as with any other custom firmware and very easy too. Follow this tutorial to learn how to flash Glance S4 Android 4.2.2 custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S3!
Prerequisites before you update Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 to Glance S4 – based on SGS4 UI:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that recovery tool like ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S3 carries more than 80% of charge.
Guide to update Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 to Glance S4 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean: