How to Root Verizon HTC One and Install CWM / TWRP Recovery
Verizon’s HTC One comes with an unlockable bootloader which means
that the S-Off or bootloader unlock method given at HTC Dev portal would
definitely work on the smart phone. It has been speculated considering
Verizon’s history that the smartphone will soon be sent a patch
via OTA to cover that glitch up. Those of you who have already got the
HTC One from Verizon can take advantage from this mistake and root your
devices the easiest way.
Here is the tutorial to guide you about prerequisite steps and lead you to install custom recovery tool (ClockworkMod or TWRP) and finally root your Verizon HTC One. Prerequisites to root Verizon HTC Oneand install CWM / TWRP custom recovery tool:
- Backup any important data on your HTC One.
- Your HTC One should be having Android SDK.
- Install USB drivers or SyncManager from HTC.
- Juice up your device to at least 60% of power.
How to install custom recovery CWM / TWRP on Verizon HTC One:
Required files: download the CWM touch recovery or the TWRP Recovery. Also download the ADB Fastboot and extract the zip on your desktop. In the Android SDK Fastboot folder, copy the CWM OR TWRP recovery image.
- In the SDK folder, launch the CMD window by pressing Shift key + right-click and select Open command window here.
- Type the following command at the cursor blink:
- fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-cwm-184.108.40.206-m7vzw.img (replace CWM as TWRP in case you want to install TWRP recovery tool).
- Turn your HTC off and reboot it into bootloader mode: press the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds. Once HTC One boots, let go of the Power button for a second and then hold it down again – use volume keys to highlight and the power button to choose.
- Connect your HTC Once to the PC using a USB cable. Wait for the device drivers to be installed and then press Enter. This will install your chosen recovery tool on the Android device.
- Close the command window now; afterwards go to REBOOT BOOTLOADER option and select it.
- On the next screen select Reboot.
That’s it – you have successfully installed your favorite custom recovery tool on Verizon HTC One. Now let’s root this amazing smart phone.