Update Sony Xperia Z to Android 4.3 Google Play Edition
The Google Play Edition Android 4.3
– released with Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One Google Play editions – custom ROM is now available to be flashed on Sony Xperia Z. This custom firmware for Xperia is based on Android 4.3
JB JSS15J build, rooted and is deodexed. This custom ROM will give you
stock GE experience along with PIE and HALO features from
Prerequisites to update Sony Xperia Z to Android 4.3 Google Play Edition:
- Backup any important data from your Sony Xperia Z as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Your device must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: the tutorial
is only focused on Sony Xperia Z, please do not try it on other
devices. This guide would be helpful for those users who want to try the
new features of Android 4.3 JB.
How to update Sony Xperia Z to Android 4.3 custom firmware:
Required files: download the Android 4.3 custom firmware zip from here or use this link. Save it on your PC and do not extract the contents.